30 November 2006

Mr (President) Geekazoid....

Don't tell my favourite blogger that, ummmmmmm, [squirm], uuhhhhhh, [shift nervously from foot to foot]...if I had to be honest [gaze away], well.... Ok! Ok! I never really liked Al Gore!!

But after seeing An Inconvenient Truth and reading this GQ interview, my feelings have evolved. Even allowing that in the past six years, a large percentage of his words may have been scripted and his appearances PR-managed, I'd still gladly vote for the guy if he ran in '08.

The GQ interview is worth reading for his assesment of Bush alone:
...But dammit, whatever happened to the concept of accountability for catastrophic failure? This administration has been by far the most incompetent, inept, and with more moral cowardice, and obsequiousness to their wealthy contributors, and obliviousness to the public interest of any administration in modern history, and probably in the entire history of the country!

1 comment:

Melissa McEwan said...

if I had to be honest [gaze away], well.... Ok! Ok! I never really liked Al Gore!!

Heresy!!! LOL.