26 July 2006


(Photo, The Guardian.)

Sick to death....

Another day of bombing, burning, blasting and horrific suffering in the Middle East.

And another day of business as usual in the western world....Oil to trade, weapons to ship, war profits to bank!

I am sick to death with the utter depravity of the Israeli and US militaries. JUST SAY NO! Refuse the orders to fire. Point the muzzles to the dirt. Ground the warplanes. Drop the missiles harmlessly into the sea. Follow your consciences and stop the killing!

Or have your consciences been co-opted?! I don't think I've ever felt such despair at the actions of my fellow human beings. Here we stand, possibly on the precipice of the end of “civilisation” through global warming, and all we can do is hasten our misery by several decades?

Truly, Mother Earth will be better off without the cancer humans represent.

If I were financially solvent, rather than an indebted wage slave, I'd quit my pointless job and volunteer for humanitarian relief work in Lebanon. At least that way I could feel like part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

In the meantime, I’m intensifying my efforts to find a more meaningful job. This crisis has made it painfully clear: I hate working in a bank.

No comments: