08 December 2003


Hiatus....

Sorry about the unannounced hiatus.

I was in France, celebrating the holidays with my daughter. I thought I might want to post now and then--hence, my failure to announce my planned absence--but ended up enjoying the time away from the (bad) news.

And there is/was so much. Children murdered by U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan, practicing a favorite Israeli maneuver to take out suspected terrorists from the air. Bush's bill to annihilate Medicare and divide the booty among private drug companies, signed into law. Passage in the House of the president's $820 billion spending bill with no extension of benefits to unemployment workers--Merry Xmas! The AWOL "commander-in-chief's" slink into and out of Baghdad on Thanksgiving for a staged photo-op, complete with the prop-turkey. Rush Limbaugh’s toxic return to the airways. The unending, terrible, and pointless death toll among U.S. forces, allies and civilians in Iraq.

While a part of me would still like to hide away from the news, Bush and his murdering junta must be ousted from office in ’04! Keeping this blog is part of my small contribution to achieving that end.

No comments: